Hallucination

This is my proudest composition. As it brought me many experiences and took me to Paris. I’ve met many talented musicians through the contest; from the State level to National level, then South East Asia level to finally being crowned the winner in the International level.

The composition was also quite different from inception to the finalize version. Back in the day when there was no internet, I use to purchase various cassette tapes to get ideas.

I remembered subscribing to “keyboard” magazine where they had a piece of plastic record on each subscription. The record was slotted inside the pages of the magazine that featured some very interesting music.

When I look back at the video of my performance in Paris, I’m sometimes amazed at myself. It was such a difficult piece to perform and I’m marveled at how the piece came together.

I had a mentor that helped me with the piece and my performance. With regards to him, I’m ambivalent. I’m grateful for his assistance and admired his talent but at the same time he is abusive.

Would you trade achieving your life goals at the expense of your integrity? Is getting where you want to go in life worth sacrificing your self esteem?

Do share your opinion on those questions at the comments section below

Available on Spotify, iTunes, Deezer and Amazon




Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Accidentally browse through ur blog and remind me of those Electone days in 90s. I used to to listen to the Symphonic album over and over again and I really like the "Sinaran" that you performed at Sarawak Electone Festival.

    ReplyDelete