Aura Lee

If a contestant were to get through the National Level of the Electone Festival, they were required to perform a composition of their choice and another compulsory piece.

The compulsory piece for one of the years where the contest was hosted in KL Malaysia was Aura Lee. The host country gets to have two contestants representing their nation.

As I was the trainer at that time, I took upon the task to arrange two distinct versions of Aura Lee for each of the contestants.

The big band version was inspired by a great German Electone player that I saw performing in KL. His performance of a big band tune was so compelling that it inspired me to arrange the compulsory piece in that manner.

Big Band music was really not my cup of tea then thus I went out and bought a bunch of big band cassette tapes to listen.

Those are the times when I worked on the arrangements during the day and work on Casey’s album at night.

The following was the result.

Big Band Style

Available on Spotify, iTunes, Deezer and Amazon





The Jazz Fusion version was more of my style as from young I had the affinity for fusion jazz and grew up listening to GRP Jazz Artistes.

Working on those 2 arrangements and producing commercial albums was challenging but fun too. At the end when the task was done and upon hearing the results, I felt it was worth my time and effort.

And what’s great about it is that I’m able to have this opportunity to share my labor with you now.

Jazz Fusion Style

Available on Spotify, iTunes, Deezer and Amazon




Post a Comment

0 Comments